Last Updated: December 7, 2017
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information You Provide
We collect any information that you choose to provide us when you use the Website.
- Denali Updates. You may elect to receive updates from us regarding our business, products, services, or research opportunities (collectively, “Denali Updates”). When you sign up to receive these Denali Updates, we may ask you to provide your name, contact or other information. In order to be alerted to the most relevant research and clinical trial information and opportunities, you may choose to provide health information about yourself or to specify health conditions or factors that are of interest or relevant to those for whom you care.
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect information from you when you communicate with Denali through this Website or through our customer support team.
- Job Applicant Information. You may elect to provide us information in connection with an employment opportunity at Denali. Such information may include any information contained within a cover letter, resume, or other supporting documentation.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
We may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Website.
- Device and Usage Information. We receive information from your device, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version (to the extent applicable), and device identifiers. We receive information about your interactions with our Website, such as the time spent interacting with content and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our service providers may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your computer or other Internet access device. Cookies enable us to personalize your experience on the Website, maintain a persistent session, passively collect demographic information about your computer, and monitor other activities. Our Website may use different kinds of cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Please note that analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Website and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites. Any such information is collected by such third parties and not Denali.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about and from you for a number of purposes, including: providing you a customized experience on our Website, providing and improving the Website, analyzing how you use the Website, and managing our network.
We use your information to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries. For example, we may send email to the email address you provide for informational purposes. In addition, if you have elected to receive Denali Updates, we will send you these communications. Denali Updates may include communications from Denali as well as its business or partners and may relate to research opportunities sponsored by, conducted on behalf of, or in collaboration with third-parties, including non-profit organizations, academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies, or health care providers.
We may use your information to process employment inquiries including to: (i) send you a confirmation email if you submit an inquiry or application; (ii) contact you if we need more information related to your employment application, account profile or employment search; (iii) process your employment application; (iv) respond to your questions; and (v) contact you about employment positions that may be of interest to you (including through our employees or third-party recruiters contracted on our behalf)
We may use information we collect for marketing purposes, such as providing you with promotional materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
Compliance with applicable law and our own obligations
We may also process the information we collect about you or from you for the following purposes: (i) to enforce our Terms or other legal rights, including intellectual property infringement; (ii) as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and (iii) to comply with industry standards and our policies.
We may de-identify your information and process it in an anonymous and/or aggregated form for other purposes than described above.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Service Providers & Business Partners
We may share your information with our vendors, service providers, and other third parties that perform services on our behalf. We may share your information with selected business partners, such as third-party pharmaceutical companies, with whom we collaborate to offer products and services. These vendors, service providers and business partners will only receive access to personal information as needed to provide services to Denali or in furtherance of our collaboration, as applicable, and such access shall be subject to contracts that protect the confidentiality of the information.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against or respond to physical, financial or other harm, injury, or loss to property or individuals; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
We reserve the right to transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We may also disclose your information with your permission.
In addition, we may share anonymous and/or aggregated reports with third parties. For example, if you contact Denali regarding your experience using one of our investigational or marketed products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You may opt-out of receiving non-service related emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those services or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take seriously the trust you have placed in us with your information. To protect against unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use (collectively, “Unauthorized Processing”), we maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide and that we collect about you. Unfortunately, despite these efforts, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. In addition, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Website over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. As a result, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any Unauthorized Processing of your information.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
At this time, this Website does not respond to or modify its practices in response to browser DNT signals. Denali is monitoring the development of industry standards for responding to DNT signals and may update its practices should such a standard emerge.
We do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 13. If Denali becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Website is under the age of 13, we will promptly take steps to delete any personal information collected and terminate the relevant account. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Denali Therapeutics Inc.
151 Oyster Point Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080